Mr. Olumide Akpata is a Partner in the Corporate and Commercial Practice Group of the Firm and he is currently the Head of that Group.
He became the first non-Senior Advocate of Nigeria president of the Nigerian Bar Association in July 2020
He is admitted to practice in Nigeria and has over two decades of experience in advising clients on various aspects of Nigerian Corporate and Commercial Law.
He has been recognised by IFLR 1000 as a leading Mergers & Acquisition lawyer in Nigeria and by Chambers and Partners “as having long experience in representing foreign clients” in his area of practice.
He regularly advises local and international corporations on the impact of Nigerian Law on their investments and/or operations in Nigeria particularly regarding: the establishment of local subsidiaries, corporate governance and compliance, mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring, labour and immigration, regulatory issues and tax.
Mr. Olumide Akpata is often called upon to speak at local and international conferences and seminars and currently sits on the Council of the Nigeria Bar Association Section on Business Law. He is also the Vice-Chair (West-Africa) of the International Bar Association’s Africa Regional Forum.
He has advised on several key transactions:
- Mr. Olumide Akpata advised on the Nigerian Bureau of Public Enterprises’ restructuring of the Nigerian Electricity sector and the unbundling of the national power utility.
- He has advised on international joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, takeovers and also the world’s second largest port operator in its bid for the Apapa Container Terminal concession.
- Mr. Olumide Akpata advises several local and international clients on regulatory compliance in relation to company law and practice in Nigeria.
- He acts for several clients on a wide range of Immigration and Labour matters including the setting up of private pension schemes, employment contracts and general immigration compliance.
The Conference is scheduled as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 30th November 2021.
Time: 09:00am WAT
Venue: Abuja International Trade and Convention Centre, Km 8, Airport Road, Abuja (Hybrid – Physical/Virtual)
Theme: Dialogue, Mediation, and Conciliation; A Panacea of Managing Polarised Societies
This event has been divided into two parts:
– Keynote address to be delivered by Professor Attahiru M. Jega
– Three panel sessions
For registration, visit; www.icmcconference.org