The Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators is pleased to present her Keynote Speaker, Chairman of the occasion, featured speakers, and Moderators for the 2021 ADR Conference.
Keynote Speaker –Professor Attahiru Muhammadu Jega – Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council, University of Jos
Chairman of the Occasion – Mr. Olumide Akpata – President, Nigerian Bar Association
Theme: Dialogue, Mediation, and Conciliation: A Panacea for Managing Polarized Societies
1. Mrs. Olusola Adegbonmire, Partner at Sola Ajijola and Co.
2. Hussaini Abdu, PhD., Country Director, Care International
3. Mr. Colin Rule, CEO, Mediate.com
4. Ms. Nita Yawanarajah, Senior Conflict Adviser and Mediator, Oxford Process, UK
Moderator: Dr. Chukwuemeka B. Eze – Executive Director of West Africa Network for Peace-building (WANEP), 2nd Deputy President of ICMC
BREAK OUT SESSIONS
PANEL 1, Powered by – Pro-Poor Growth and Promotion of Employment in Nigeria (SEDIN) Programme of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Topic: “Innovations and Reforms to Improve the System for Commercial Dispute Resolution in Nigeria.”
1. Hon. Justice Mosunmola Dipeolu Mosunmola Dipeolu, Hon. Chief Judge, Ogun State
2. Hon. Justice Nura Sagir, Hon. Chief Judge of Kano State
3. Hon. Justice Olajumoke Pedro, High Court Judge, Lagos State
4. Mr. Ope Olugasa, Managing Director of LawPavilion Business Solutions
5. Mrs. Funmilayo Odigie Iyayi, Director, Director, Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration Centre (LACIAC)
6. Mr. Leonard Otuonye Ugbajah, Founder and Executive Director, Centre for Trade and Business Environment Advocacy (CTBA)
Engr. Segun Ogunyannwo, FICMC, FSPSP, CEDR (UK) & MTI (US) Accredited Mediator
Topic: “Aligning Mediation Skills Accreditation and Certification Trainings with Mediation Practices for Peace Building, Security and Sustainable Development in Nigeria”
1. Mr. Steven Richman, Vice Chairman, American Bar Association Sub-committee on International Law
2. Mrs. Obosa Akpata , Principal Partner, Patreli Partners
3. Mr. Edward Luke II FCIArb,FAArb, Managing Partner, Luke & Associates
4. Ms. Leyla Ahmed, Associate in the Dispute Resolution Department, TripleOKLaw Associates, Kenya
Mrs. Victoria Banke Olagbegi-Oloba MCArb, FICMC , Lecturer, Adekunle Ajasin University, Ondo State Nigeria.
The Conference is scheduled as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 30th November 2021.
Venue: Abuja International Trade and Convention Centre, Km 8, Airport Road, Abuja
Theme: Dialogue, Mediation, and Conciliation; A Panacea of Managing Polarised Societies
For registration, please click the link below