Prof. Attahiru Muhammadu is a professor of Political Science with a particular interest in Politics and Governance in Nigeria, Democracy and Democratization in Comparative Perspectives, Nigerian and African Political Economy, Comparative Federal Systems, Democratic Transitions, Elections, Electoral Processes and Election Management Bodies (EMBs), Military Regimes and Militarization, policy research and community development projects.
He is currently the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council, University of Jos, a position he has occupied from June 2021.
Prior to his position as Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council of the University of Jos, he held a number of offices. Some notable positions he has held are:
– Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, June 30, 2010, to June 29, 2015.
– Member, Standing Committee of Research and Development, TETFund, October 2020.
– Member, Board of Trustees, Nigerian Political Science Association, NPSA, from October 2018.
– Member, National Universities Commission (NUC), Strategy Advisory and Nigerian Universities Reforms Committee, from January 2018.
– Chairman of the Board, Aminu Kano Centre for Democratic Research and Training (AKCDR & T), Bayero University, Kano, from March 14, 2016, to Date.
– Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council, Plateau State (Solomon D. Lar) University, Bokkos.
– Member, Steering Committee, Commonwealth Electoral Network (CEN), June 2012 to May 2014.
– Vice-Chancellor, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria
Prof. Attahiru Jega is also actively involved in teaching, research, consultancy, public speaking and community service.
Prof. Attahiru Jega is a member of several associations among which are The Nigerian Political Science Association, NPSA, The Social Science Academy of Nigeria, SSAN, The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, The Nigerian Society of International Affairs, NSIA, The African Studies Association, ASA, USA, The Centre for Research and Documentation, Kano, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, NIIA, Lagos, African Association of Political Scientists, AAPS, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, CODESRIA, International Political Science Association, IPSA
He has over seventy (70) articles, journals and publications to his credit and has attended over forty (40) conferences and was listed among “100 Most Influential Africans of 2015”, by the NewAfrican Magazine in 2015.
The Conference is scheduled to hold as follows;
Date: 30th November 2021
Venue: Abuja International Trade and Convention Centre, Km 8, Airport Road, Abuja (Hybrid – Physical/Virtual)
Time: 9:00AM WAT
To Register for the Conference, please visit; www.icmcconference.org
We look forward to warmly welcoming you.